Explain how the person’s great qualities affect you
Vocalize your thoughts
Compliment someone in front of others
The Compliment Challenge
For the next week, challenge yourself to compliment five different people every day:
- A loved one or friend. Compliments are an easy way to strengthen the bonds between you and your loved ones.
- A co-worker. Be a morale booster at your office by seeking opportunities to compliment your fellow employees.
- A business you frequent. Most businesses just hear complaints all day. Very few people take the time to compliment them on good service or creating a quality product.
- A young person. Young people need nurturing and one of the best ways to do that is through a thoughtful compliment from an older person. You have no idea how much it will mean to that kid.
- A stranger. Make a random stranger’s day by offering a sincere compliment. It doesn’t have to be anything big. A simple, “I like your hat,” will do